The Quintessential Banana Nut Bread
If you’re going to whip up a classic loaf of banana nut bread, no recipe or explanation of its delectable goodness is really necessary. This timeless dessert is a favorite amongst people of all ages, and it’s no surprise that it has long been thought of as a sort of universal comfort food.
Our recipe is sure to yield a hearty and satisfyingly soft bread — that’s also vegan and gluten-free — but with a special flavorful burst of flavor courtesy of the chopped nuts. There’s something delightfully special about the warmth and nutty goodness of roasted walnuts or pecans in this timeless creation.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat the vegan butter and coconut sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Add the mashed bananas, almond milk, agave nectar and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the gluten-free flour to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana nut bread cool in the pan before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Banana Nut Bread has been a staple in kitchens around the world for decades, but this unique gluten-free and vegan variation stands out with a subtle nutty flavor that sets it apart from the traditional recipe. Plus, it’s quick and easy to whip up, as long as you have ripe bananas on hand. Try it out for a delicious snack or dessert that’s sure to please your taste buds and satisfy your cravings.