Aunt Jemima’s Corn Bread: Old-Fashioned Comfort Food at its Best!
Have you ever wished for a quick and tasty way to bring a bit of nostalgia into your home kitchen? Well, look no further than Aunt Jemima’s corn bread! This old-fashioned favorite recipe has been a staple on Southern tables for generations, and now Aunt Jemima is taking it to the next level by adding a contemporary twist.
This corn bread is made with just a few simple ingredients and takes less than 45 minutes to make. Its flavor is a perfect balance of savory and sweet, with an irresistibly crunchy outer crust and a fluffy, light inside. It’s the ultimate comfort food, with a cultural influence that speaks of family histories, hisorical traditions and cozy evenings in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Aunt Jemima’s corn bread are easy to find and include:
– 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
– 1 cup self-rising flour (or all-purpose flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder)
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 eggs
– 2 cups buttermilk
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cool slightly before serving.
This simple and delicious Aunt Jemima corn bread is sure to become a regular in your home kitchen. Serve on its own or with a bit of butter and honey for a delightful treat.
This classic American style corn bread also pairs well with other types of classic recipes, like chili or whole-grain soups. Enjoy as an afternoon treat with a cold glass of milk, or use to make a delectable pairing with a hearty beef stew. It’s a simple, comforting, and nostalgic recipe that can transport your taste buds back to simpler times. Enjoy!