Welcome to a world of sweet, anime-inspired deliciousness. Inspired by a multitude of different manga, anime and game culture, these Anime Cookies are a sweet and practical snack which will be sure to take your taste buds on a new adventure!
These bite-sized delights are packed full of unique flavours and cultural influences, while providing the perfect snack to munch on while enjoying your favourite anime. The baking mixes are simple and straightforward yet deliver an eclectic mix of Japanese and Western flavours.
– 2/3 cup soft butter
– 2/3 cup white or light brown sugar
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until combined.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla together.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly blend together the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.
7. Scoop out teaspoon-sized mounds of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
9. Let cool on a cooling rack before serving.
These Anime Cookies are the perfect combination of sentimental and modern. Not only do they represent some of the most beloved aspects of Asian culture, but they also leverage the tastes of the more familiar. These little treats also make the perfect snack to have while watching your favourite anime movies, as they can be easily re-hydrated with a few drops of water and enjoying your anime cravings in no time at all!
Enjoy these tasty Anime Cookies and get ready to take your taste buds on an incredible adventure!