The Perfect Grilled Cheese Recipe
A classic American comfort food, grilled cheese sandwiches have been satisfying our appetites for generations. It’s comforting taste, amazing texture, and ease to make make it a favorite of many. We all agree on the basics of a traditional grilled cheese sandwich, but there’s an endless number of variations. Today, we’ll be making the perfect classic American version that’s sure to leave your taste buds delighted.
American Grilled Cheese
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 2 Slices of American Cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- When the pan is hot, place one slice of the buttered bread butter side down in the outer.
- Place one slice of cheese on the bread, and then the other slice of butter.
- When the bottom slice has toasted, or about 1 minute, carefully flip the sandwich over and cook until cheese has melted, about one minute.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
The perfect grilled cheese sandwich is all about a perfect balance of ingredients. The classic combination of melted cheesy goodness and crispy, buttery bread is hard to beat. Once you make your first American grilled cheese, you’ll be hooked. It’s a great complement to soup, an amazing snack, and a great comfort food. Give it a try and you’ll see why Americans love it so much!