Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect comforting lunch or snack. Both simple and versatile, this classic sandwich never got out of style. Any time you crave a quick and satisfying meal, a grilled cheese should be your go-to.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to grilled cheeses. You can use any cheese you like as well as adding your favorite ingredients. This delicious grilled cheese sandwich is a classic recipe that will never disappoint.
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 slices of tomato (optional)
- 2 slices of bacon (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the slices of bread butter side down on the skillet.
- Place the slices of cheese on top of one slice of bread.
- Add the tomato slices and bacon (if using).
- Top with the remaining slice of cheese.
- Top with the other piece of bread, butter side up.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the bottom slices of bread are golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the second side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!