Experience the Enchantment of Yuzu Cake
Craving something sweet? Look no further than this delightful Yuzu cake! Its perfect mix of complex flavours, delightful textures and its visual beauty will make your tastebuds dance. Yuzu cake is a modern twist on a traditional Japanese dessert that is sure to tantalise your senses!
For those who don’t know, yuzu is a citrus fruit native to East Asian countries and has become increasingly popular thanks to its distinct refreshing flavour. So let’s get baking!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup yuzu juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and yuzu juice to the wet ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This Yuzu cake brings all the unique flavours of East Asia to your dinner table! The alluring citrus from the yuzu is complemented perfectly by the sweetness of the cake while the moist texture adds just the right amount of indulgence. It is the perfect treat to finish off a meal with friends and family!
This dish is similar to many traditional Japanese and East Asian desserts, such as Yuzu tofu, a jelly-like confection, as well as Yuzu jelly, which is a sweet and sour jelly served in Asian homes, especially during special occasions. The subtlety of the complexity of this recipe will be sure to leave your guests pleasantly perplexed and bursting with flavour.
Yuzu cake is the perfect way to experience the unique flavours of East Asia and enjoy a unique, memorable experience. Invite your friends and family to indulge in this sweet and delicious dessert and experience the enchantment of Yuzu cake!