Whole-Rosemary Roast Chicken
Are you looking for an easy yet flavorful roast chicken recipe for your next dinner gathering? If so, then this whole-rosemary roast chicken is sure to be a hit. Packed with aromatic herbs and bright lemon, this tasty dish is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. And because the cooking instructions are so straightforward, you can spend more time enjoying the company of your guests and less time in the kitchen.
- 1 free-range 4-pound whole chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken. Cut the spent lemon halves and place them inside the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get into all the crevices.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165°F (75°C).
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven, cover with a lid or aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
What Makes this Roast Chicken Truly Special
This whole rosemary roast chicken is the perfect centerpiece for any gathering. Simple enough to be enjoyed by everyone, yet packed with flavor that will make your guests come back for more.
The rosemary really shines in this dish. It infuses the chicken with a wonderful earthy flavor that’s brightened up by the lemon juice. The garlic cloves also add an extra hit of aroma and tang. And because there’s not much preparation required, you can spend more time with your loved ones and less time slaving away in the kitchen.
To make sure your roast chicken comes out perfectly moist and juicy every time, make sure to let itrest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more flavorful and tender chicken.
So, for your next family dinner, surprise everyone with this whole-rosemary roast chicken. Not only will it look absolutely stunning on the table, but it’s sure to be the star of the show. Enjoy!