A Truly Delicious Wegmans White Cake Recipe
Are you looking for an indulgent yet easy-to-make cake to impress your friends and family? Then this Wegmans White Cake recipe is for you! It has all the traditional flavors of a classic white cake with a few unique additions that will surely win over any crowd.
Made with fresh ingredients, this cake is a unique blend of sweet and savory. It starts with a base of butter, sugar, and flour which provides a solid foundation for layer after layer of delicious flavor. To give this cake a unique twist, Wegmans uses swirls of fluffy vanilla frosting and a hint of orange zest to give it an added kick of sweetness.
This twist on the traditional white cake is sure to be an instant hit with your family and friends. And with so few ingredients, it is easily achievable even for novice bakers. Using simple instructions, you too can bake up a delicious Wegmans White Cake that will surely be a hit in any kitchen.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup butter
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ¾ cup milk
– ¼ teaspoon orange zest
– ¼ cup butter
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 2-4 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla extract and orange zest, mixing until well combined.
6. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture for a thick batter.
7. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
9. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar.
10. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix until a smooth frosting forms. If needed, add additional milk until a desired consistency is reached.
11. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake.
12. Serve and enjoy!
With its luscious frosting, sweet yet slightly tart orange zest, and creamy cake base, this Wegmans White Cake offers the perfect combination of flavors in a stunning presentation. Whether you’re serving to those you love or looking to impress a new crowd, this delicious white cake will not disappoint. So preheat your oven and get baking, because you won’t want to miss out on this one-of-a-kind cake.