Viva La Chicken: An Unforgettable Recipe
If you’re looking for a dish that’s sure to impress and tantalize your taste buds, then look no further than the delectable ‘Viva La Chicken’. This simple, yet flavorful, rustic-style chicken recipe is the perfect main course for a special family dinner or a simple weeknight meal.
Mastering the Marinating
The key to making this dish an unforgettable one is mastering the marinating. Our marinade starts with a handful of Mediterranean flavors like garlic, oregano, and paprika. We then mix in honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice to make the chicken extra moist and succulent. Let it sit in the marinade for a minimum of 4 hours, overnight for best results, and you’re two-thirds of the way there!
After the bird has fully soaked in the marinade, it’s time to heat up a pan and get cooking! Cooking chicken on your stovetop is a simple task, but requires precise timing and temperature to ensure success. Once your chicken is finished cooking, you’ll want to plate it with a bed of Mediterranean roasted vegetables and a bowl of starchy Israeli couscous. Lastly, sprinkle some feta cheese over the top of the chicken.
Viva La Chicken!
The final product is an unforgettable chicken dish with a symphony of flavors that give you an intensely delicious bite with every forkful. The aroma of this dish alone is enough to make your mouth water, so it’s no wonder why it’s become a favorite of so many.
This delectable dish takes elements from traditional Southern Italian cuisine, as well as from various Mediterranean cuisines, resulting in an unforgettable flavor combination. The ‘Viva La Chicken’ recipe is perfect for dinner parties, romantic dinners, and casual family meals alike. Give this recipe a try and you will be sure to love it!
The Viva La Chicken Recipe
-2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
-1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 teaspoons oregano
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 tablespoon honey
-1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade, making sure they are fully coated.
3. Cover the bowl and let the marinade sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
4. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
5. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Serve the chicken on a bed of roasted Mediterranean vegetables and Israeli couscous, and garnish with feta cheese, if desired.