Authentic Vietnamese Goi Recipe
Goi is a traditional Vietnamese salad prepared using a variety of fresh vegetables and herbs. It is served cold and is a popular appetizer or side dish. This traditional recipe typically features iceberg lettuce, carrots, daikon, celery, and mint, but feel free to switch up the ingredients with whatever you have available.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 small daikon radish, peeled and shredded
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a large bowl, combine the iceberg lettuce, carrots, daikon, celery, and mint. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. Mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the fish sauce mixture over the salad and mix until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy your homemade goi salad! This is a light, healthy and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or side dish.