Versailles Chicken Delicacy – a Rich and Classic Recipe
For those who are seeking a classic, rich and delicious chicken dish, Versailles Chicken is the perfect choice. This traditional recipe is a beloved favorite among households throughout the world, originating from the Court of King Louis XIV in the 17th century. It is an easy dish to create and perfect for special occasion dinners, from holidays to family get-togethers.
- Chicken breasts – 4
- Butter – 4 tablespoons
- Mushrooms – 8 ounces
- Green onions – ½ cup (chopped)
- Garlic – ½ teaspoon (minced)
- White wine – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – ½ cup
- Chicken stock – ½ cup
- Parsley – 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Take a large skillet and heat it over medium high heat
- Now add butter and melt it.
- Once the butter is melted, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook them for 7 minutes. Turn them over and cook until they are lightly browned.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take them out of the skillet, and keep aside.
- Now add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and white wine to the same skillet and let them cook for 5 minutes or until the wine is reduced.
- Add cream, chicken stock and parsley to the skillet and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thick enough, add the chicken back to the skillet and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and serve it with a sprinkle of parsley.
The Finishing Touch
Versailles Chicken is the perfect choice for a delicious yet easy-to-make classic chicken dish. The creamy sauce provides the perfect accompaniment to the moist and succulent chicken, while the mushrooms add an earthy flavor that everyone will love. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or a light salad to complete the meal. Bon appetit!