Indulge in a Delicious Vanilla Spice Cake
Baking something special is not only an enjoyable activity, but it can also be a great way to bring the family together. A classic option is the Vanilla Spice Cake that has a mix of quality spices and a creamy vanilla center. It’s a unique and sophisticated flavor that brings out the best in everyone.
• 3/4 cups unsalted butter
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons whole milk
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 8-inch round cake pan.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended.
4. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, allspice, cardamom, and cinnamon.
5. Add one third of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and blend. Add the second third of the dry ingredients, and blend. Add the last third of the dry ingredients, and blend until mixed.
6. Stir in the vanilla and milk until blended.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
9. Run a knife around the edges of the cake, and turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Put the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl. Use a small sieve to dust the top of the cake with the sugar.
This delightful sweet treat is perfect for any occasion. The unique blend of spices adds a festive feel and brings out the best in the vanilla flavor; making it the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon snack or post-dinner dessert. As an alternative try adding some slivered almonds to the top for a crunchy finish.
This Vanilla Spice Cake is a wonderful addition to any repertoire and makes a great alternative to a traditional vanilla cake. Make it today and you’ll have a delicious source of comfort to enjoy as long as it lasts.