Delicious Traditions: Trisha Yearwood’s Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf has been a popular dish for generations, but few recipes can rival the deliciousness of Trisha Yearwood’s version. It features a mouth-watering combination of sweet, savoury and umami flavours, with an unmistakably Southern twist. The key to this one-of-a-kind dish is the tantalizing blend of seasonings and herbs that permeate each bite.
2-3 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, oatmeal, onion, ketchup, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings until evenly combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, shaping it into an even loaf.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the loaf.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the inner temperature reaches 160°F.
6. Let cool slightly before serving.
As you can see, Trisha Yearwood’s meatloaf creates an indulgent blend of flavors. It’s the perfect mix of savory meats, sweet ketchup and a hint of Italian herbs and seasoning that makes it an unforgettable dish. Not to mention, the Parmesan cheese adds an extra layer of creaminess and deliciousness.
This recipe is an homage to Trisha Yearwood’s Southern roots, taking an age-old classic and adding her flair. If you’re interested in exploring other Southern recipes, take a look at some of Trisha Yearwood’s other creations. From chicken pot pie and macaroni and cheese to stuffed peppers and shrimp and grits, Yearwood’s dishes are a celebration of the region’s diverse culinary heritage.
So why not try your hand at Trisha Yearwood’s meatloaf tonight? It’s a delectable and easy-to-make recipe that’s sure to become one of your family’s favorites. Enjoy!