Trisha Yearwood’s meatloaf is a classic addition to any home cook’s recipe collection
Delicious and comforting, this classic dish from country music star Trisha Yearwood will always please the table. It is a great go-to dish for busy nights, potluck-style gatherings, and family meals. With simple flavors and the satisfying texture of beef and pork, this meatloaf is sure to become a regular meal-time favorite.
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion, saute for a few minutes until softened.
3. Add ketchup, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the skillet, stir until fully combined.
4. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, and sautéed onion and garlic. Mix together with your hands until blended.
5. Transfer to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and shape the mixture into a loaf.
6. Pour remaining mixture on top, spreading it out to cover the top and sides of the meatloaf.
7. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Check meatloaf by inserting a meat thermometer into the center. The internal temperature should reach 160F.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Deliciously Simple and Comforting
Trisha Yearwood’s meatloaf is the stuff of classic comfort food. It has all the classic ingredients, from beef and pork combined with breadcrumbs, to the combination of ketchup and chicken broth. These classic flavors are balanced perfectly with a hint of garlic and onion, and herbs for added flavor.
What sets Trisha Yearwood’s recipe apart from other meatloaf recipes is the Worcestershire sauce. Its tangy, umami flavor brings the entire dish together. Plus, the addition of Italian herbs to the mixture makes for an even more flavorful loaf.
This meatloaf is so easy to make, you could whip it up any day of the week. It’s also great for making ahead of time, so it’s perfect for potlucks and gatherings. Serve it with creamy mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, and a crunchy green salad.
Trisha Yearwood’s meatloaf is a great nod to traditional comfort food while adding a bit of ethnic flair. It’s definitely a meal that both adults and kids will love. So, next time you’re in the mood for something light yet filling, try this meatloaf. You won’t be disappointed!