A Decadent Travel Cake Recipe – Perfect for a Journey of Taste
Who doesn’t enjoy the pleasure of a well-executed cake? It’s a delicious combination of texture, creamy filling, and luscious frosting that create a truly scrumptious dessert. A travel cake is a perfect dessert or snack for when you want something sweet and savory but don’t have the opportunity to prepare a full-size cake.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and mix in the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to make a thick glaze.
- Spread over the cooled cake.
My indulgent travel cake recipe is a unique blend of both sweet and tart flavors that makes it perfect to take with you on a journey. The contrast between the sour cream, lemon juice, and blueberries create an unforgettable flavor experience. The texture of the cake is light, fluffy and moist, and the glaze adds an extra element of sweetness and tang that makes it irresistible. Plus, it’s a super simple recipe that everyone can master in no time.
If you’re looking for other recipes that share some of the same flavors, try my ‘Blueberry Lemon Sour Cream Muffins’ or ‘Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake’. Both are classic, much-loved recipes that will take your taste buds on a journey.
Our travel cake recipe is a sweet, simple treat that’s a perfect addition to your next journey. Whether it’s a long car drive, a day of sightseeing, or even just a tasty snack for home, this travel cake will be a hit for all!