Thai Som Tam Recipe
Som Tam is a traditional Thai dish that incorporates flavorful ingredients such as green papaya, chilies, and fish sauce. It is a popular street food and is served as a side dish or salad. Here is a simple recipe for making Thai Som Tam.
• 1 green papaya
• 1/4 cup carrot
• 1/4 cup peanut
• 1/4 cup cherry tomato
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Peel and shred the papaya and place it in a medium bowl.
2. Add the carrots, peanuts, tomatoes, fish sauce, sugar, and chili flakes to the bowl and mix everything together.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the papaya mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until the papaya is tender.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime juice. Stir to combine.
6. Serve the Som Tam warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!