Thai Nam Tok Recipe
Thai Nam Tok is a classic northern Thai and Laos dish that is made up of chopped grilled pork, toasted rice powder, chilli, lime, and other flavoursome ingredients. It is a popular dish that is served as part of a shared meal and can also be enjoyed alone as a hearty lunch. Whether you’re looking for an easy dinner or a flavorful party dish, this Thai Nam Tok recipe will not disappoint!
-500g minced pork
-3 tablespoons fish sauce
-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
-4 tablespoons lime juice
-1 red chilli, chopped
-2 tablespoons toasted rice powder
-2 shallots, sliced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-Small handful of Thai basil
-Small handful of coriander
-Small handful of mint
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-3 tablespoons oil
1. Heat a skillet over high heat and add oil.
2. Add garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant.
3. Add pork and fry until golden and cooked through.
4. Add fish sauce, coconut sugar and lime juice and stir through.
5. Add chilli and combine all ingredients.
6. Add toasted rice powder, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
7. Remove the skillet from heat and stir through the herbs.
8. Serve the Thai Nam Tok in bowls with a wedge of lime and extra herbs on the side. Enjoy!