Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Since mango season is in full effect, we thought it would be fun to share a delicious recipe for Thai Mango Sticky Rice! This warm, sweet and sticky combination of coconut milk and mango is an iconic Thai dish and it’s a great way to end a meal or as a dessert. The creamy combination of coconut milk and mango takes this traditional Thai dish from ordinary to extraordinary. Here’s how you can make your own Thai Mango Sticky Rice for two!
• 2 cups sticky rice
• 2 cups coconut milk
• 2 ripe mangoes
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons Pandan leaves (optional)
• Pinch of sea salt
1. Rinse the sticky rice thoroughly in a colander and let the excess water drain away.
2. Transfer the rice to a small pot and add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix together.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
4. When the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let it cool.
5. Cut the mango into cubes.
6. Heat the remaining cup of coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan until it just starts to boil.
7. Add the cooked sticky rice, pandan leaves and mango cubes and stir the mixture with a spoon.
8. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
9. Transfer the sticky rice to a bowl and let it cool before serving.
This classic Thai dessert dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds! The combination of creamy coconut milk and sweet mango make this an irresistible dish. Serve it hot or cold and enjoy the delicious flavors of this classic Thai Mango Sticky Rice. Enjoy!