A Recipe for Delicious Thai Khao Tom
When it comes to Thai food, few dishes compare to the delicious and aromatic Khao Tom. Khao Tom is a traditional Thai dish of sticky rice, flavored with coconut milk and spices, usually served as part of a larger meal. It is the perfect accompaniment to any other Thai dish, and an excellent way to try out Thai flavors. This is a simple and easy to follow recipe for Khao Tom.
Recipe for Thai Khao Tom
- 1 cup sticky or glutinous rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the sticky rice in a bowl and let it soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain the rinse water off the rice and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the water, coconut milk, salt, ground ginger, and sugar to the pan.
- Stir to combine, cover the pan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the Khao Tom rest with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Transfer Khao Tom to a bowl, sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
This Khao Tom recipe is easy to make, and it’s a great way to try out Thai flavors. It is best served warm, as a side dish to a traditional Thai meal, or as a snack. Enjoy!