Exploring the Tasty Treats of Thai Khanom Krok
If you love the flavor of Thai cuisine and want to enjoy a delicious and easy-to-prepare snack, Thai Khanom Krok is a perfect choice. With its a delicate balance of sweet and salty flavors and a unique, chewy exterior, one bite of this traditional Thai dessert will quickly reveal why it has become so popular and well-loved.
Khanom Krok is commonly served as “street food” but can now be found in a variety of locations all around Thailand. Whether served as a snack, dessert, or a spicy accompaniment to a meal, this unique sweet treat is sure to tantalize all your taste buds.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and instructions needed to recreate this delicious snack in your own kitchen.
Thai Khanom Krok Recipe
• 1 cup of rice flour
• A pinch of sugar
• A pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• ½ cup of coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
• Small round molds (1 to 2 inches)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the rice flour, sugar, and salt. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Add the vegetable oil, coconut milk, and turmeric powder to the bowl, and stir until the mixture forms a thick batter.
3. Grease your molds with a light layer of vegetable oil.
4. Ladle the batter into each mold, and use the back of your spoon to spread it evenly.
5. Preheat a greased griddle or non-stick pan over medium-high heat and place the filled molds onto the hot griddle.
6. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
7. Using a fork or spatula, gently lift the Khanom Krok out of the molds.
And that’s it! Serve your freshly-made Thai Khanom Krok while still warm and enjoy the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors. The chewy texture and hearty flavor will leave you wanting more.
Khanom Krok is a wonderful treat to share with friends and family. Not only is it delicious, but also surprisingly easy to make. If you’re looking for a delicious and unique snack, give Thai Khanom Krok a try!