Thai Gai Pad Med Ma Muang (Cashew Chicken)
Thai Gai Pad Med Ma Muang,or Cashew Chicken, is a delicious stir fry that’s always a hit with food lovers. It’s a popular dish in Thai restaurants around the world, with a fragrant and flavor-packed combination of fresh chicken,cashews, and ground spices.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cashew nuts and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, ground coriander, turmeric and cumin. Stir fry for a further minute.
- Add the fresh coriander and chicken stock. Simmer for a further 2 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Serve the Cashew Chicken hot with fresh steamed rice.
This Cashew Chicken recipe is an excellent way to introduce the flavors of Thai cooking at home. It’s an easy dish to make, and is both healthy and flavorful. Whether it’s a family dinner or an evening meal with friends, this Cashew Chicken is sure to be a hit.