Tender and Juicy Bison Steaks – The Perfect Date Night Meal
Bison steaks are a perfect for a romantic date night. Not only are they healthy, with their high protein and low fat content, but they have a rich, full flavor with a delicate texture that stands out from other meats. If you are looking to impress your date this Valentine’s Day, or any other special occasion, then bison steaks are the way to go. Here is a delicious recipe that will help make your date night extra special.
Ingredients You Will Need:
2 Bison steaks
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Begin by removing your bison steaks from their packaging and set them onto a clean, dry surface. For the best results, allow your steaks to come to room temperature before you begin cooking.
2. Once your steaks are at room temperature, you can start prepping them. Pat them dry with a dry kitchen cloth and liberally season each steak with freshly ground black pepper and a sizable pinch of Kosher salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and an additional pinch of salt.
4. Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat and add the olive oil and herb mixture. Swirl to combine.
5. Add the steaks to the pan and cook on one side for 4-5 minutes, or until nicely browned. Flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the desired internal temperature is reached.
6. Once cooked, remove the steaks from the pan and set aside. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
These bison steaks pair nicely with roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, and a rich Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy!