Sweet Potato Bison Latkes for a Filling Family Dinner
Sometimes the idea of cooking a big meal for the family can be overwhelming. Thankfully, there is an easy meal that is perfect for satisfying everyone. These Sweet Potato Bison Latkes are the perfect combination of sweet and savoury and are perfect for a family dinner.
Prepare the Sweet Potato
The sweet potato is the star of the dish, so it needs to be prepared perfectly. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, cut the sweet potato into cubes, ensuring they’re all approximately even in size. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and add some oil, salt, and pepper. Then, bake the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are soft and tender.
Cook the Bison
Next, it’s time to cook the bison. Start by heating some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the ground bison. Use a spatula to break it up as it cooks. Season the bison with some salt and pepper and cook until it is browned. Once it is done, set it aside.
Make the Latkes
Now, it’s time to make the latkes. In a large bowl, mix the cooled sweet potatoes, bison, and one egg until everything is well combined. Then, add in some flour if the mixture is too wet. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Then, take small amounts of the latke mixture and shape them into patties. Fry the patties in the skillet until they are golden brown on both sides.
Sweet Potato Bison Latkes Recipe
– 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
– 1 lb. ground bison
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Flour (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and add oil, salt, and pepper as desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and tender.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground bison and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the bison is browned.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cooled sweet potatoes, bison, and egg until well combined. Add a small amount of flour if mixture is too wet.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Form the mixture into patties and fry in the skillet until golden brown on both sides. Enjoy!