Sweet Cider Lake Recipe
Living in Wisconsin, you can’t go through a summer without a batch of Sweet Cider Lake. This classic regional favorite is made of simple ingredients and comes together quickly for a sweet and tart treat.
- 6 quarts of cold, filtered water
- 6 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- A sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice (optional)
- In a large pot, bring the cold, filtered water to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Lower the heat to low, stirring in the lemon juice and cream of tartar.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1-2 hours or until desired sweetness and tartness are reached.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the solids.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Chill the cider lake in the refrigerator before serving with your favorite straw or ladle.
Enjoy a sweet and tart taste of Wisconsin in every sip of Sweet Cider Lake. Serve it cold as is or over ice for a fun summer treat to share with family and friends.