- 1 3/4 pounds (6 cups) strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl I mixed the 6 cups of strawberries with 3/4 cup sugar.
- Pulse flour in your food processor together with the baking powder the sugar and the salt. When this is mixed throughly add your butter, and pulse again until mixture is course but has some larger bits of butter still left.
- Whisk together the cream and the eggs and pour this over flour mixture. Once again you pulse this until some large clumpy bits form.
- Put your dough into a baking tray and bake until lightly golden. No more than 20 minutes. Then let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice it up and cover with the strawberry mixture and serve!
Original Recipe & Photo Licensed Via CC BY-SA 3.0
Share This Article