Delightful Spicy Mandarin Chicken Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious meal to whip up for dinner tonight? Look no further than this spicy mandarin chicken dish! It’s packed full of sweet and savory flavors, plus a hint of heat that will please even the most jaded palates.
This spicy mandarin chicken is the perfect dish for any night of the week! It’s easy to make and doesn’t take too long to prepare, so it’s great for busy families. It has a unique flavor profile inspired by a combination of Chinese and Southeast Asian cooking techniques. It’s a delectable fusion of cultures, created with simple ingredients like mandarin oranges, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, and honey.
The centerpiece of this tantalizing dish is the chicken. All of the ingredients harmoniously combine their sweet and spicy flavors to create a magical sensation in your mouth. The chicken is marinated in a zesty sauce, then shallow fried until it’s cooked through and crusty on the outside. The mandarin oranges contribute a bright and subtle sweetness. This is balanced with the heat of the red pepper flakes, the complexity of the garlic and ginger, and the perfect hint of honey.
The end result is a truly unique and flavorful experience that you’ll want to enjoy again and again. So why not try it tonight? Let’s take a look at the ingredients and instructions.
• 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 mandarin oranges, zested and juiced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons honey
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, mandarin orange juice, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, honey, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
2. Place the chicken strips in a shallow bowl and pour the marinade over them. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but up to 8 hours.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the zested mandarin orange to the pan and cook for another minute or two, stirring frequently.
5. Serve the spicy mandarin chicken over white rice, with extra mandarin orange wedges, and enjoy!
There you have it – a simple yet delicious dinner option that’s sure to please the whole family! Whether you’re looking for something to spice up your usual dinner routine, or you’re looking to impress guests, this spicy mandarin chicken dish is a surefire crowdpleaser. Try it out tonight and see for yourself just how flavorful and easy to make it is!