Spicy Enoki Mushroom
Enoki mushrooms are a type of long and thin white mushrooms that can be used in many different recipes. They are especially popular in Asian cooking due to their mild, sweet and fragrant flavour. This recipe combines enoki mushrooms with spicy ingredients to create an explosion of flavour. It’s the perfect dish to serve as an appetizer, side dish, or even as the main course.
– 2 bundles of Enoki mushrooms, stems trimmed and separated
– 1 tbs minced garlic
– 1 tbs freshly grated ginger
– 2 tbs Sesame oil
– 2 tbs Soy sauce
– 1.5 tbs Sriracha
– 2 tbs honey
– 2 tbs chopped green onions
– 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
– Salt to taste
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan on medium heat. Add sesame oil and garlic, stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add enoki mushrooms and stir-fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
3. Add ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, green onions and sesame seeds. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to stir fry until the sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Taste and add salt to adjust seasoning, if desired.
5. Serve the spicy Enoki mushrooms with steamed white rice. Enjoy!