Spicy Crab: A Perfect Blend of Rich and Spicy
Nothing says summertime like crab. Whether you’re sitting by the shore or in your own backyard, the succulent flavors of this delightful seafood pairs perfectly with a variety of seasonings and ingredients. With its sweet yet pungent flavor, crab is a great way to add a touch of zing to your favorite recipes.
For a truly unique and delicious dish, turn up the heat and make a spicy crab recipe. From Asian-inspired stir frys to spicy crab cakes, there are so many ways to make this classic seafood dish into something extra special. It’s a great way to add a little bit of extra flavor and kick to dinner.
Spicy Crab Cakes
These spicy crab cakes are a surefire way to spice up dinner. A winning combination of flavors make these delicious morsels unique, tasty and perfect for any time.
-1 pound lump crabmeat
-½ cup Old Bay Seasoning
-¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-1 cup panko bread crumbs
-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
-1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
-2 cloves garlic minced
-Olive oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the Old Bay, cayenne pepper, egg, panko bread crumbs, mayonnaise, garlic, and parsley.
2. Gently fold in the lump crabmeat, taking care not to break up the lumps.
3. Form the mixture into patties, about ½ inch thick.
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Place the patties in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Serve with a dollop of tartar sauce and a side of spicy coleslaw.
Asian-Style Spicy Crab Stir Fry
For a quick and flavorful meal, try this Asian-style spicy crab stir fry. With a mix of warm spices, tender veggies and succulent crab, it’s sure to be a hit.
-1 pound lump crabmeat
-1 tablespoon sesame oil
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
-1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
-1 red bell pepper, julienned
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
-2 green onions, white and green parts sliced
1. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin, and Chinese five-spice, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the aromatics are fragrant.
3. Add the red bell pepper and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers are tender.
4. Add the lump crab meat and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the crab is cooked through.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water.
6. Add the cornstarch mixture to the crab mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
7. Serve over a bed of steamed jasmine rice and garnish with the green onions.
Nothing quite says summertime like the flavors of spicy crab. Whether you’re making a cozy family dinner or hosting a gathering of friends, these two spicy crab recipes are sure to be a hit. With their unique flavors and warming spices, they’ll quickly become a favorite!