Seis Leches Cake: An Exquisite Experience of Flavorful and Custardy Goodness
Take a journey to Latin America and experience a decadent, flavorful cake that blends together six distinct milks for a uniquely creamy flavor: Seis Leches Cake. This famous dessert traces its origins to Mexico and Costa Rica, but variations of this cake have been popular throughout Latin America. With its tantalizing array of flavors, memorable texture, and airy lightness, Seis Leches Cake is sure to become a fast favorite.
A Unique Blend of Six Luscious Milks
The luscious mix of milks used to make Seis Leches Cake—including condensed, evaporated, and heavy cream—produce a tasty flavor that stands out from other milky cakes. This provides a deliciously indulgent, custardy flavor and mouthfuls of creamy goodness.
The Perfect Balance of Sweetness and Richness
The perfect finishing touches for Seis Leches Cake include a hint of sweetness from a thin layer of cream skimmed from the top of the milk can and the rich flavor of ground almonds. This combination ensures a decadent balance of flavors and textures.
A Baker’s Dream
For the skilled baker, Seis Leches Cake is a dream come true—a simple yet complex dish that is surprisingly easy to bring to life. The key to successful baking is to keep the ingredients’ ratios accurate and mix the mixture of milks steadily. This will ensure the cake remains light, fluffy, and moist.
A Proud Culinary Tradition
Seis Leches Cake is a proud culinary tradition of Latin America that has stood the test of time. Bakers all over the world have been enjoying this beloved dessert for centuries—and by making it at home, you too can partake in this ancient pleasure.
Seis Leches Cake
-1 cup of butter
-1/2 cup of sugar
-2 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1 can of condensed milk
-1 can of evaporated milk
-1/2 cup of heavy cream
-1 can of cream of coconut
-1/2 cup of skimmed cream
-1/4 cup of ground almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until well blended.
4. Carefully pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
5. In a small bowl, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, cream of coconut, and skimmed cream. Mix until well blended.
6. When the cake is done baking, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Carefully pour the milk mixture over the cake, making sure to evenly coat the cake. Sprinkle with ground almonds.
7. Chill for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!