- 1 kg of ground beef (I used lean, but use whatever ground beef cuts you like.)
- 2 small onions, diced.
- 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Handful of white button or portabello mushrooms, cut.
- 1/2 cup of beef stock or stock of your choice. (OR more.)
- Some dried thyme powder.
- Some salt and pepper. (I think you dont need much salt already..)
- Some flour or cornstarch.
- A little knob of butter, optional.
I love Salisbury steak, miam! Here’s my recipe for it.
- Mix the meat mince with the onions and breadcrumbs. Form into balls and flatten. You can either store in fridge or cook now! Hehe.
- On a nonstick pan, spray with cooking spray. Add the meat. Fry until ready. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms. The pan should have juices from the meat. Add a bit of butter and brown the mushrooms. Add some thyme, ground pepper and salt if desired.
- Add the flour in slowly so it doesnt clump. Pour some of the beef stock in.
- Simmer till thick. If you want thinner gravy, put more broth.
- Remove from heat, serve with side and pour on meat and eat!