Rum Cake Joke: Sweet, Moist and Boozy
Have you ever heard a joke that made you laugh so hard you were tempted to take a bite? Well, I recently crafted a cake that brings that feeling alive with its delicious flavor and unique style. Say hello to the Rum Cake Joke – a sweet and savory treat made with some of the best ingredients.
This simple yet complex recipe plays off two classic flavors with a hint of surprise. A generous dose of brown sugar and dark, aged Caribbean rum creates a rich and bold flavor profile. The addition of fruit creates a burst of joy at every bite and gives the cake an unmistakable zing.
The cake itself is incredibly moist and fluffy. The combination of fresh buttermilk, butter, fall spices and light, fluffy cake flour creates a texture that will have your taste buds dancing. This cake is light yet full of flavor, and each ingredient brings something special to the mix.
For those seeking something a bit spicier, the Rum Cake Joke is the perfect solution. Packed with cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg, the cake delivers plenty of warmth and spice to the mix. Add a sprinkle of lemon zest for a touch of brightness and you’ve got a one-of-a-kind dessert that’s sure to please.
The Rum Cake Joke is sure to be a hit at any gathering or get-together. It pairs well with a variety of beverages and looks as good as it tastes. Serve it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
If you’re looking for something unique or something to put a twist on classic baking, the Rum Cake Joke is the perfect choice. Try it once and you’ll never forget it.
- 2/3 cup dark, aged Caribbean rum
- 3/4 cup of fresh buttermilk
- 1 cup light, fluffy cake flour
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of diced or chopped fruit
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and rum. In a separate bowl, combine the cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves,nutmeg and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, use a stand or hand mixer to beat butter and brown sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add the buttermilk and rum mixture to the bowl and mix until combined. Add the dry flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the diced or chopped fruit, then pour the batter into the greased cake pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle the top of the cake with grated lemon zest and dust lightly with cinnamon, if desired.