A Tasty Ricotta Cake Recipe from Martha Stewart
The ricotta cake is a light and fluffy Italian favorite. A staple in many Italian households, the ricotta cake is the perfect dessert or a special treat to finish off any meal. It is delicious served with a sweet raspberry syrup or with mixed berry jam on top. Martha Stewart’s ricotta cake recipe is sure to please the pickiest palate.
Martha Stewart’s Ricotta Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Canola oil, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with canola oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with the eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, and milk to the ricotta mixture and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Martha Stewart’s ricotta cake is sure to be a family favorite. With its light and fluffy consistency, it’s a great way to end a meal. Plus, with its simple ingredients, it’s easy to whip up and put together. Though delicious plain, a drizzle of raspberry syrup or a spread of mixed berry jam really takes this cake to the next level of deliciousness. Enjoy!