A Delicious Red Chicken Dish
There’s nothing quite like a mouth-watering red chicken dish for dinner. This exciting, traditional Asian-style recipe is bursting with flavor – a surefire hit for family and friends!
The ingredients are simple yet flavorful: chicken, garlic, ginger, red onions, chilies and tomato puree, all of which combine to create a truly tantalising experience for the taste buds. The fiery red color reflects the spiciness of the dish and is a reminder of the cultural influences that shape our cooking.
Preparing this delicious dish is fairly straightforward but no less rewarding. Begin by marinating the chicken in a mixture of garlic, ginger and some extra chili to create a robust base to the dish. Then, cook the chicken on the stove until the outside is caramelized and the inside is succulent.
– 2 tbs white vinegar
– 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tbs ginger, minced
– 2 red onions, chopped
– 2 chilies, sliced
– 2 tbs tomato puree
– 1 kg chicken pieces
1. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, ginger and chili.
2. Add the chicken pieces and stir well to ensure each piece is fully coated with the marinade.
3. Cover and set aside for at least two hours (the longer the marination, the more flavor the chicken will absorb).
4. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and when hot, add the chicken pieces (along with any excess marinade).
5. Cook for 6–8 minutes, turning frequently until the outside of the chicken is caramelized.
6. Add the onions and chilies, stirring for 1–2 minutes.
7. Add the tomato puree and stir, cooking for a further 3–4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
This excellent dish is best served with steamed basmati rice and a crisp, green salad. An easy and tasty accompaniment is roasted sweet potatoes – simply cut into chunks and bake in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
And there you have it – a delicious Asian-style red chicken dish that is sure to be a hit with everyone. Serve it with some of your favorite accompaniments and enjoy! Bon appetite!