Make Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken at Home
Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken is a savory, sweet, and spicy classic Asian-style dish. Originally hailing from Taiwan and featuring a complex flavor blend of tastes, Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken is now a beloved dish in many countries. A familiar favorite for takeout, you can easily make this dish at home with a few simple ingredients.
To make authentic Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoons honey
– 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup chicken stock
1. Cut the chicken into strips, and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
3. Put the chicken into the marinade, stirring to coat. Cover, and let marinate at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix together the cornstarch and a few tablespoons of the marinade.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Dip the chicken strips in the cornstarch mixture, and place into the hot oil. Fry for about 7 minutes, until golden and crispy.
7. Add the chicken stock to the pan, and simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
8. Serve over steamed rice, and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
From the burst of ginger and garlic to the sweet and salty sauce and crispy texture of the chicken, Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken is a flavorful and comforting dish. A meal that’s full of aroma and tastes, this dish is sure to please the taste-buds of your loved ones. Its unique Taiwanese culture influences and cooking methods make this dish a definite for the dinner table, and a great way to show off your cooking talents!
If you’re looking for something with a similar flavor profile to this takeout favorite, you could try making Sichuan Style Chili Chicken, or General Tao’s Chicken. These popular Chinese-American dishes have a similar flavor combination and offer a similar experience to the classic Pf Chang’s recipe.
Try making this Chinese-American classic, Pf Chang’s General Tso Chicken, at home. You’ll be amazed at the delicious, restaurant-style meal you can create in your own kitchen!