A Taste of Paula Deen’s Chicken Pot Pie: A Classic Comfort Dish
If you’re looking for the ultimate comfort dish, look no further than Paula Deen’s famous chicken pot pie. This delicious recipe has the perfect combination of savory and comforting ingredients. Perfect for a chilly winter evening, Paula Deen’s chicken pot pie is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
When I think of Paula Deen, I think of southern cooking and warm hospitality. This recipe combines classic southern flavors with a unique twist. The combination of chicken, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, potatoes, and peas, along with spices like thyme, parsley, and garlic, makes for a true culinary experience.
It’s easy to make this classic dish. While the filling cooks in the oven, you can prepare the crust according to the recipe. Once combined, the finished product is a hearty piece of chicken pot pie that features a crème fraiche-based filling and is topped with a buttery crust. It’s a truly memorable comfort food experience.
Wondering what else you need to make Paula Deen’s chicken pot pie? Here’s the list of ingredients:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package pie crust, prepared according to package instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the celery, onion, mushrooms, and potatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chicken cubes, frozen peas, carrots, and crème fraiche, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the chicken stock, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup of flour, garlic powder, ground thyme, parsley, and black pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While the filling is simmering, prepare the pie crust according to the package, and set aside to cool.
- Once the filling is finished, spoon it into a 9-inch pie plate, and spread the melted butter over the top.
- Place the prepared pie crust over the top of the filling, and crimp the edges.
- Bake in the pre