Take a Trip Down Under with Outback Carrot Cake
When you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing recipe to bring to an event or dinner party – or just to satisfy your sweet tooth – look no further than the classic Outback Carrot Cake! This Australian-style dessert combines classic flavors of fluffy frosting, moist cake, and lovely carrots, with a few unique twists that take it from ordinary to extraordinary.
A Unique Take on a Traditional Dessert
The Outback Carrot Cake is a delectable combination of ingredients that have been satisfying dessert-lovers for generations, yet this recipe also has a few surprises up its sleeve. Rather than boring raisins, this cake includes a mix of nuts, coconut, and even pineapple, each adding its own unique layer of flavor and texture. The cake is frosted with a cream cheese glaze that’s tangy, sweet and creamy all at once, truly tantalizing the taste buds.
For the Adventurous Home Chef
If you’re an adventurous cook who loves to try new flavors, the Outback Carrot Cake is a perfect recipe to experiment with. With its fusion of textures, flavors, and ingredients, this cake’s complexity and depth of taste is sure to impress even the most discerning palate. From the juicy carrots and crunchy nuts to the chewy pineapple and flavorful cream cheese glaze, each element perfectly complements the others to make a unforgettable dessert.
Ready for the Oven!
If you’re ready to get baking, check out the recipe for Outback Carrot Cake below and get ready for some tasty fun in your kitchen!
Outback Carrot Cake
– 2 cups flour
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 2 cups packed brown sugar
– ¼ cup white sugar
– 1 cup sunflower oil
– 4 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 cups finely grated carrots
– 1 cup finely chopped nuts
– 1 can (14 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
– ¾ cup shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Glaze
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– ½ cup butter, softened
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, white sugar, and oil until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until combined. Fold in the carrots, nuts, pineapple, and coconut.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans. Cool completely before frosting.
7. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until fully combined.
8. Frost the cooled cake and enjoy!
The Outback Carrot Cake is a unique twist on a classic favorite that’s sure to delight all of your family and friends. Make sure you give this exotic and delicious cake a try and share it with the ones you love!