- 50g good quality chocolate / finely grated
- 100g Self-raising flour / sift into a bowl, together with the grated chocolate.
- 3 eggs
- 50g granulated sugar
- 200ml double or whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line your baking tin.
- Add the eggs and the sugar into a bowl and whisk till it stands in peaks. ( This is the point where it is extremely handy to have an electric whisk. Which I don’t…)
- Fold in half of the flour and chocolate mixture (fold by using a tablespoon, drawing a figure of ’8′ in the mixture). Then add the rest of the mixture and gently fold some more.
- Pour the mixture into tha cake tin, tapping the tin on the kitchen top few times to remove any air. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, till lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto a rack and leave to cool. When it is still slightly warm, warp the cake in some cling film, which will stop the cake from drying out.
- While the cake is cooling, place the cream and sugar into a bowl and whisk to soft peaks, careful not to over whisk. Slap the cream on top of the cake and have fun decorating!