Cooking up a Storm with Mustang Chicken
Are you ready to cook up a real storm in the kitchen? Then we’ve got just the recipe!
Mustang chicken is a delicious and unique dish with a rich and vibrant flavour that plays on the surprising combination of sweet and spicy. It’s perfect for a special night in with friends, or a tasty twist on your classic weeknight dinners.
- 500g chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Handful of roasted cashews, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of chilli flakes, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, chilli flakes, a generous pinch of salt, and a few grinds of freshly cracked pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the mustard-honey mix to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is cooked through (3-4 mins).
- Add the roasted cashews and stir until gently toasted. Serve hot with extra roasted cashews for garnish.
Mustang chicken’s rich blend of sweet and spicy flavours is absolutely delicious. The subtle hint of chilli and salty tang of the soy sauce meld together to give the dish just the right amount of kick. And with the creamy roasted cashews sprinkled on top, it’s sure to please your taste buds.
This dish has its roots in both Asian and American culinary culture. The combination of aromatic spices, creamy textures and warm flavours feels like a hug from the most inviting kitchen. Enjoy while reminiscing of home-style cooking or snuggling up on your couch with a good movie.
If you’re looking for some interesting twists that are easy to prepare, then Mustang Chicken is sure to be a hit! And if you want to experiment with using other types of nuts in the sauce, then go ahead and replace the roasted cashews with whatever your heart desires.