Lasagna is an Italian-American classic composed of cheese, pasta and a savory tomato based sauce. It has become a beloved dish for both weeknight dinners and weekend celebrations alike. As such, there are numerous ways to prepare lasagna, but few can match the savory goodness of Mueller Lasagna. A signature dish from the infamous Mueller family, Mueller Lasagna is sure to delight and fill even the hungriest of bellies.
Mueller Lasagna is composed of a delectable ricotta and Parmesan cheese blend, tender noodles and a seasoned meat-based sauce that adds the perfect kick of flavor to the classic dish. Its balance of savory elements and just enough spice makes this a dish fit for even the pickiest of eaters. Trust us, once you try Mueller Lasagna, you won’t want to make any other version!
-1 pound ground beef
-1 onion, diced
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 (15-oz) can crushed tomatoes
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-2 cups ricotta cheese
-1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
-1 package lasagna noodles
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onion, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper until the beef is fully browned. Drain any excess fat and remove the skillet from the heat.
3. Heat the olive oil in a separate medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning, stirring to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg until combined.
5. To assemble the lasagna, spread a layer of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with a single layer of the lasagna noodles, followed by about a third of the ricotta cheese mixture and a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with a single layer of mozzarella cheese.
6. Repeat the layering process two more times, ending with a layer of ground beef and mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover the dish and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown.
8. Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Your family and friends are sure to love this classic, delicious Mueller Lasagna. Enjoy!