Go Moosey-Goosey for This Moosewood Chocolate Cake
If you’re looking for a tantalizing, heartwarming treat to tantalize your taste buds then look no further than this classic Moosewood Chocolate Cake. Perfect for special occasions or just as a pick-me-up on a gloomy day, this cake never fails to bring a smile to people’s faces.
Bringing together a hint of the classic with interesting spin, this recipe boasts classic ingredients – like cocoa, baking powder and sifted flour – but also creative additions like honey, cardamom and orange rind. These added elements are sure to please your palate and keep you coming back for more.
Take it from me – I’ve been making this rich, decadent cake for years and each time I taste it, I’m reminded of the classic culinary traditions of my ancestors. There’s just something about the hint of cardamom, the zesty surprise of the orange rind, and the warm flavour of the honey that bring an added depth to this wonderful treat. It’s enough to make your mouth water – each and every time.
If you’re looking for something a bit unique, this Moosewood Chocolate Cake is definitely worth a try. With its interesting elements and complex flavours, this is a dessert that’s sure to titillate your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Bon appétit!
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
– ½ cup cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– 2/3 cup honey
– ¾ cup vegetable oil
– 2/3 cup strong coffee
– 1 tsp ground cardamom
– 1 tsp grated orange rind
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vegetable oil, coffee and cardamom.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy.
5. Add flour mixture and honey mixture alternately to egg mixture, beating until combined.
6. Add vanilla and stir thoroughly.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Cool before serving. Enjoy!