Mochi Muffin Recipe
Mochi muffins are a delicious and unique way to combine two of your favorite treats: traditional muffins and classic Japanese mochi! This indulgent recipe combines the best of both worlds with a crunchy exterior and a soft and chewy filling. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or just hungry for a sweet snack, these mochi muffins are a delicious go-to.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup prepared mochi (1.5 inch cubes)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
5. Gently fold in the mochi cubes.
6. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are just beginning to turn golden brown.
8. Allow the muffins to cool slightly before enjoying. Enjoy!