Mexican Tostadas: A Quick and Delicious Fiesta for Your Taste Buds!
Tostadas are a Mexican classic meal, served with a variety of fillings. It’s a favorite in many Latin American countries because of its versatility and delicious flavors! Tostadas can be served as a snack or a light meal, or even incorporated into a large dinner. They make an excellent party-food because they are easy to prepare and can be very cost effective. Let’s delve into all that makes Tostadas so special and, of course, share a tasty Mexican-style tostada recipe.
Tostadas are a corn tortilla, deep-fried and cut into fourths. This is then smothered in your favorite fillings. You can use anything from savory meats to beans to a simple vegetable mixture. The toppings that complete this treat vary from culture to culture and region to region, e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onion, jalapenos, avocado, sour cream and cheese, to name a few.
The alternate for tostada preparation is to bake the corn tortilla in the oven, instead of deep-frying it. This version can be slightly healthier but lacks the crunchy texture of its fried counterpart. However, a hard-shell version is available at many taco bars, which offer a more substantial base for your favorite toppings.
No matter which style of tostada you prefer, they are extremely versatile and incredibly delicious! Why not give this Mexican style tostada recipe a try?
– 2 cups cooked pinto beans
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– 1 tomato, chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 corn tortillas
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese, shredded
– 1/2 cup of guacamole or salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread the cooked beans over the bottom of a greased 9×9-inch baking dish.
3. Add the onion, tomato, and garlic. Sprinkle the spices, salt and cheese over the top.
4. Place the tortillas on top of the beans.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Let cool, and then cut into fourths.
7. Serve with guacamole or salsa, and enjoy.
Delicious and easy, Mexican tostadas are a great meal for any night of the week. They are also a great way to enjoy leftovers, as you can put any type of filling you may have on hand. Whether you opt for the fried or baked variety, this Mexican-style tostada recipe will definitely make your taste buds happy!