Welcome to the wonderful world of Mexican Chicken Dorito greatness! For those familiar with Tex-Mex flavors and the pillowy crunch of Doritos, you will absolutely love this ultimate flavor trifecta. Not only is it full of great taste, it’s surprisingly easy to put together for a hearty family meal.
– 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 2 cups Doritos, crushed
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons hot sauce
– 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
– 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
Cook the Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a small bowl stir together the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts.
4. Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Make the Doritos Crust
1. In a medium bowl combine the Doritos, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
2. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the Doritos mixture and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and slightly crispy.
4. Turn off heat and let cool.
Top with Cheese and Bake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice cooked chicken into strips.
3. Spread the Doritos mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
4. Arrange chicken strips on top of Doritos.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken.
7. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Sprinkle with diced green onion, then serve.
This Mexican Chicken Doritos recipe was inspired by the classic Mexican flavors of cumin, chili powder and garlic, married together with the creamy goodness of sour cream, cream cheese and cheese, and the crunchy perfection of toasted Doritos. This amazing combination of ingredients results in a deliciously satisfying dish that’s sure to please the whole family. For a slightly different approach, try swapping out the cumin for cayenne pepper or adding fresh tomatoes and jalapeno peppers to the topping.
You won’t be disappointed with the Mexican Chicken Doritos dish – a timeless classic that’s sure to be a family favorite for years to come.