Mexican Carne Asada Recipe
One of the most popular dishes in Mexican cuisine, Carne Asada is a delicious, full-flavored dish of grilled beef. The secret to making the perfect carne asada lies in marinating the meat overnight using a spicy, citrus-based marinade. When grilled just right, this Mexican classic makes for a tasty, succulent dinner. Read on for our recipe of Mexican Carne Asada.
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, fat trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, orange juice, and cilantro. Stir to combine and add the steak pieces to the marinade. Turn the steak to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor cast-iron grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into thin slices before serving. Enjoy!