Mediterranean Tabbouleh: Refreshing and Healthy
The warm weather calls for refreshing and flavorful dishes. Mediterranean Tabbouleh is a perfect mix of grains, vegetables, and herbs that makes a delicious and healthy meal. Created in Lebanon and now popular around the world, it’s also gluten-free, vegan, and easy to make.
– 1 cup of bulgur wheat
– 2 cups of boiling water
– 2 ripe tomatoes
– 1/2 red onion
– 1 cucumber
– 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
– 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Cover the bowl and let it stand for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber and place them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the chopped parsley and mint to the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
4. Once the bulgur wheat is done, rinse it with cold water and add it to the mixing bowl.
5. Pour the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix everything together.
6. Chill the tabbouleh in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
Mediterranean Tabbouleh can be served as a light lunch or dinner. It can also be served as an appetizer or part of a mezze. Serve it with warm pita bread, homemade hummus, olives, and feta cheese for a classic Mediterranean style meal.
The bulgur wheat makes this dish a good source of healthy carbohydrates, as well as fiber and protein. The fresh vegetables and herbs deliver vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, while the olive oil provides healthy fats. All of these nutrients contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
Mediterranean Tabbouleh is a healthy, flavorful, and low-maintenance dish. It’s quick to make and can served with a variety of sides, making it a great choice for lunch or dinner. With its combination of essential vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, it’s a nutritious and delicious way to stay healthy. So what are you waiting for? Head to your kitchen and whip up a batch of tabbouleh today. Enjoy!