Bringing Latin Flair to Fried Chicken with Latin Fried Chicken
If you’re after a delicious twist to the classic fried chicken dish, then look no further than Latin fried chicken. This recipe is full of Latin flavors that will bring a spicy surprise to your plate.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so versatile—you can adjust it according to your own taste preferences. The key ingredients are the zesty Latin seasonings, which include garlic powder, oregano, and ground cumin. If you’re after a really spicy dish, try adding extra ground cayenne pepper, or substitute chili powder instead of oregano.
I remember growing up eating this dish in my hometown in Peru. It’s a classic comfort food that has been part of Latin American culture for centuries. In my family, this dish is served with a side of white rice, but you could also serve it alongside corn on the cob or French fries.
Let’s get started on cooking this traditional recipe and let your kitchen be filled with the aroma of Latin flavors.
– 2 pounds of chicken thighs
– 2 cups buttermilk
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– ½ teaspoon ground cumin
– Salt, to taste
– Canola oil, for frying
– Flour, for coating
1. Start by marinating the chicken thighs in the buttermilk. Add in the garlic powder, oregano, and cumin and stir until everything is evenly combined. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Take the chicken out of the fridge and season with salt. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Coat the chicken with the flour, making sure each piece is evenly covered. Shake off any excess flour and carefully drop the chicken into the hot oil.
4. Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes, flipping the pieces over halfway through. The chicken should be golden brown in color when done.
5. Place the fried chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Serve with your choice of side dishes and enjoy!
Latin fried chicken is so simple to make, but is full of flavor. With the perfect mix of seasoning and traditional cooking methods, it will be a hit in any household. It’s up to you to play around with the ingredients and make it your own!