Korean Sundubu Kalguksu Recipe
Korean Sundubu Kalguksu is a delicious Korean noodle soup dish with a rich, spicy flavor. It is often made with sundubu, which is a type of soft tofu, and kalguksu, which are handmade wheat flour noodles. This delicious soup can be served as a main meal, or as a side dish to complement other dishes.
Kalguksu is a traditional Korean noodle soup with a flavorful broth and chewy noodles. The soup is cooked with a variety of ingredients, such as anchovies, soy sauce, garlic, onions, chili peppers, and mushrooms. Traditionally, it is served with a garnish of green onions and fish paste.
Sundubu is a type of soft white tofu that is made from ground soybeans. It has a silky texture and absorbs the flavors of other ingredients easily. It can be in cubes, slices, or even in a custard-like form.
If you are looking for a comforting and delicious noodle soup dish, this Sundubu Kalguksu recipe is a must-try! It is easy to make and comes together quickly, so you can enjoy it on busy weeknights.
- ½ pound kalguksu (handmade wheat flour noodles)
- 1 package sundubu (soft tofu)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons green onion (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fish paste (for garnish)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the kalguksu noodles and cook until al dente, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the gochujang, soy sauce, and mirin and cook for another minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock and sesame oil, and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the noodles, stir, and simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
- Add the sundubu and turn off the heat. The tofu will heat through in the hot soup.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with green onion and fish paste, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!