Korean Goguma Cake: Deliciously Soft, Sweet, and Unforgettable
Does the thought of a lightly sweet, sticky soft cake tantalize your taste buds? If so, then a Korean Goguma Cake is just the treat for you. As a unique blend of East Asian flavors and textures, this traditional dessert is both delicious and easy to make. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep work, you can be indulging in a warm and comforting slice of goguma cake in no time.
– 1 cup goguma flour
– 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
– 2/3 cup warm water
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
1. Start by preparing the goguma cake batter. Begin by combining the goguma flour, active dry yeast, warm water, honey, and coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until the ingredients are well-combined, then cover the bowl and let the batter rest while you prepare the pan.
2. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with additional coconut oil and evenly sprinkle the sliced almonds over the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Place the pan in a warm place, and leave it to rise for 30-60 minutes. Once the cake batter has tripled in size, it’s ready to bake.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F, then bake the cake for 45-60 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
5. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy with a light dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of honey.
A Korean Goguma Cake is a delicious and unique way to impress your friends and family, not to mention an incredibly easy recipe to whip up. With its blend of slightly sweet and sticky flavors, this traditional treat is sure to be the standout of any gathering. Plus, the addition of sliced almonds add a surprisingly delightful crunch that takes this cake to the next level. Give this recipe a try—you won’t regret it!