KFC Original Chicken Drumstick Recipe
Everybody loves the sweet and crunchy flavors of KFC’s original drumstick. It’s a beloved classic that never fails to put a satisfyingly savory joy on people’s faces. Whether you are looking to whip a few up at home or just want to learn how to make these beloved chicken drumsticks, this recipe will have you covered.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients together and then add the chicken drumsticks and coat them evenly.
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Stir the mixture until it forms a thick batter.
- Add the vegetable oil to a pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Dredge each chicken drumstick in the batter and place them in the hot oil. Cook each side for about 5 minutes until the drumsticks are golden-brown and cooked throughout.
- Once they are done, remove the drumsticks from the pan and place them on a paper-towel lined plate to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve the drumsticks hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Creating the perfect KFC original drumsticks at home has never been easier. With this classic recipe, you can whip up a batch of tasty drumsticks in no time!