A Perfectly Balanced Sweet and Savory Honey Walnut Chicken
Are you looking for a meal to bring your dinner table to life? Look no further than honey walnut chicken. A classic Chinese dish, this is a unique combination of sweet, salty and crunchy that is sure to please any palate. The combination of Honey and Walnuts are the utmost in flavor complexity and together make a perfectly balanced dish.
Honey walnut chicken takes the best components of Chinese cuisine, the sweetness from the honey and the added texture from the crunchy walnuts, and blends them into a one-of-a-kind dish. The combination is both perplexing and full of bursty flavor, making for an enticing and delightful meal.
This dish is a personal favorite of mine and one that I have enjoyed making for years. I recall the amazing aroma that would fill my house each time I made this deliciousness. I remember the moment of awe that my family expressed when they saw this sweet and savory dish come out of the kitchen. It’s a dish that I continue to make to this day, delighting in its simple but complex flavors.
This recipe is quite easy to make and it goes great with a simple side of vegetables or rice. You can swap out the walnuts for other nuts such as cashews, giving you the option to adjust the flavors according to your own taste. You can even try the dish with other proteins such as shrimp or pork, adding to its versatility.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into small pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine honey, sugar, soy sauce and chicken broth. Whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cubed chicken to mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add marinated chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and garlic-sesame oil mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until walnuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve warm.
This unique dish is an exciting way to break away from the ordinary for a night, all while creating a flavorful, harmonious mixture guaranteed to please. Honey Walnut Chicken is one of those meals that can be a meal on its own that can also be served with your favorite sides for a heartier feast.